PROTEST Mayor's proposed budget
Location: The Bellaire Tower building- 1101 Green Street, at Leavenworth Street
Date/Time: Wednesday, June 11, 6:00 pm.
What: Street Theatre, Dinner, and more
MAYOR NEWSOMATOR TERMINATES POOR WITH MASSIVE BUDGET CUTS
Mayor Newsom released a budget that will terminate critical health and human services, while pumping up salaries for police by 25% and adding many new high paid patronage positions into his own administration.
Some highlights of the devastating impact of the budget include:
1) Closure OF Ella Hill Hutch shelter serving up to 100 people every night in the Western Addition.
2) Closure of Caduceus Outreach Services, a mental health treatment and wrap around support program for severely disabled homeless adults with co-existing addictive disorders.
3) CLOSE TENDERLOIN HEALTH HOMELESS DROP-IN SERVING 300 POOR PEOPLE DAILY
4) Almost total elimination (66% cut) of SRO Families United program for families with dependent children living in hotels.
5) Cut of 22% of residential substance abuse and mental health treatment programs budgets.
a. Removal of support from Conard supportive housing program for severe psychiatric disabilities.
b. Closure of Cortland Acute Diversion Unit for individuals in psychiatric crisis.
c. Loss of 13 out of 28 community based medically supported detox beds - serving 350 people a year.
6) Cut of 30% to all outpatient substance abuse and mental health treatment
7) Almost total elimination of STOP treatment program.
1,600 PEOPLE LOSING MENTAL HEALTH TREATMENT through Private Provider NETWORK
Brought to you by the People's Budget Collaborative - working for a fair city budget for poor people in SF
To learn more about our work, and to get the latest scoop on the politics of poverty in SF, go to the Street Sheet blog: www.cohsf.org/streetsheet